Sunday, July 16, 2006


You might see him on the corner selling Sunday papers. I painted this last week from a memory of the man my friend John and I took to church one day and introduced to members there. He is not the usual "together" kind of person we usually desire to connect with at church, and I don't wonder why no one asked him out for lunch after Sunday services. He is working to support his family and recover his identity as a productive citizen while healing and recovering from alcolol/drug addictions. He worked with "Hope Works" in Memphis several years ago. I found out recently that he is also batteling prostate cancer. He is a Christian man, his name is Kenney, and he asks for your prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Artist-Tim said...

Thank you, Laura, for setting the story straight. I was just so thankful to be included in God's work with Kenny. I spoke with Verlon last night at "aroma" about Kenny.
It is interesting that my daughter, Laura Hacker-Wright is living in Liberty, MO wiile her husband John is teaching Philosophy at William Jewel Univ. Kenny told me he grew up the son of a Baptist minister, but I didn't know much more. His story and painting have been posted to thousands of e-mail addresses and websites in the last week by a friend of mine, Dr. Duke Heller, asking for prayers. Dr. Heller writes "Insights" each day as an encouragement and connection for prayer to thousands of professionals (mainly dentists).

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home