Thursday, March 27, 2008

Psalms Recording

The art was originally a painting that I had discarded. I wrote words from the Psalms over the painting in maskoid, then sprayed different colors. When dry, I picked up the maskoid to reveal the words and phrases. After that, I tore out the images, words and phrases using different "tear" strokes to give a variety of edges. I laid down mat board in the shape of a cross and placed the torn pieces around it. Then I picked up the mat board revealing the wooden surface of the table and the rugged cross shape. I hope you like it.

This is art work for a CD cover. We are taking the music to the Pepperdine Lectures at the end of April. The exciting thing is that Lynn Anderson will be there with us to lead worship from the Psalms.

1 Comments:

Blogger James T Wood said...

I really like that, Tim. It does a great job of communicating on many levels.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home