Friday, August 04, 2006

Jim Lipscomb is a fishing guide friend of mine from Pocahontis, Arkansas. He owns Two Rivers Fly shop in Norfork, Arkansas. I was visiting with Jim last year, and we fished a couple of days together. He told me he was getting married soon to the woman of is dreams. Turns out that Rick Gillespie and I were having dinner at Gastons' Restaurant a couple of months earlier with our wives, Leslie and Tammie, and our waitress was the lady of whom Jim was speaking. I already knew that she had been a high school art teacher, and we spoke of our common interests in visual expression.
I remembered Jim's big white beard (Tammie says he looks like a beautiful SANTA), and the dim light from the lamp by his fly vise. Jim can tie flies in his sleep, and he can FISH. I sent a copy of this painting as a card congratulating Jim on his wedding...his new bride intercepted the card and never showed it to him. She tried to secretly negotiate for the original, so on a trip to fish the Norfork river last fall, I gave the painting to Jim. He was totaly surprised and awed with gratitude. You can see it where It is hanging in his fly shop at the confluence of the White and Norfork rivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home