Saturday, August 23, 2008

AAID Research Foundation Painting

Compare this painting to the one of the same subject that I did several years ago; also published on this blog.

One of my good friends, Dr. Larry Bush, who is also the Secretary of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, has asked me to do a painting to be auctioned off at the AAID Annual Meeting in San Diego in October. We talked about the subject and settled on this light house painting. He was inspired to select this subject based on his families travels in Maine as well as his affection for the rugged Maine coast line and the deep maritime history there. So, I have completed the painting today, and will have it framed and shipped to the Grand Hyatt Resort Hotel in San Diego for the auction. I hope it creates some interest and raises some funds for the AAID Research Foundation. It is an honor for me to participate at this level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home